Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Progress: Andrea, Twins, Nelle

Andrea and Twins each have only a few hours of work left on them.  Andrea has maybe 3 hours, Twins have maybe 1.  Of course, this often turns into 6 hours and 4 hours because I'll find a few more things to do or I will get caught up in making a very small detail perfect.

Click to see images larger.



I began a new painting of Nelle last night. I worked about 3 hours last night and 2 hours this morning before taking this picture.  For those new to my blog and painting process, it will be in color. 
The background will have a texture of a curtain I hung behind her. I'm unashamedly referencing one of my favorite art movmenets with this move. (See last image below.)


Mary Magdaline
Frederick Sandys (Preraphaelite artist)
This painting is part of the Delaware Art Museum collection.

Speaking of DE Art Museum, they do have a great collection. 
Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment