Monday, February 27, 2012

Excited about my calendar this spring:

_

April 14th three of my worlds collide:  The Mainline (where I work at the salon), art, and swing dancing!  I am volunteering to swing dance at the Mainline Art Center's "Spring Soiree" as well as donating a piece of artwork for auctioning.  A fantastic opportunity for networking that I couldn't pass up.
The event:
http://www.mainlineart.org/event_detail.php?id=110

May 24-27th the Portrait Society of America is having their National Portrait Conference.  Each year that they have a conference it is held at a different city.  Where is it this year you may ask?  Philadelphia!  I signed up to volunteer for half of the event and so I get into the other half of the event for free.  I will get to do what I have never done before: mingle with a room (better yet, a conference!) full portrait artists!  I fully anticpate forcing my friendship on many people and soaking up as much information as possible from the classes.
The event:
http://www.portraitsociety.org/conference#!__conference

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like it will be such a great opportunity for you! (And it's good to see an update here!)

    ReplyDelete